Bio & Incident Details
Tour: 8 years
Badge # Not available
Cause: Exposure to toxins
Deputy Sheriff Eric Bellard died from the effects of carbon monoxide while under mandatory evacuation orders during Hurricane Gustav. Deputy Bellard's assigned rescue unit was housed in an elementary school which lost power, forcing members to find other locations to stay for the night.
Deputy Bellard was able to make it to his father's home where he and his father were both exposed to carbon monoxide and died.
Deputy Bellard had served with the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office for eight years.