Trooper John G. George

Trooper John G. George

New York State Police, New York

End of Watch Sunday, March 1, 1970

John G. George

Trooper George died after being overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning. He and his partner had parked on the side of Route 5 in the Village of Herkimer to complete their daily reports. The tailpipes of their patrol car were blocked by a snow bank, which lead to the car filling with the carbon monoxide. When the two troopers were discovered they were taken to Herkimer Memorial Hospital. Trooper George's partner recovered but Trooper George died as a result of the exposure.

Trooper George had served with the New York State Police for 8 years.

Bio

  • Age 36
  • Tour 8 years
  • Badge Not available

Incident Details

  • Cause Exposure to toxins

Most Recent Reflection

View all 10 Reflections

Dad, I miss you every day as I have since that Sunday morning back in 1970.

I never got a chance to say good bye. We have alot to catch up but undoutedly you have kept a watchful eye on us.

As you know I will be starting a distillery and named it the only name that would be appropriate - "Five Saints Distilling and International Spirits". I had five fathers, yourself and later brothers Bob, Joe, Ray and John Lorenzoni amd open it in your honor. I was blessed and will love you always.

Your loving middle son - Babe

John Robert George
One of three sons

December 16, 2013

Create an account for more options, or use this form to leave a Reflection now.