Sergeant Gregory Michael Meagher

Sergeant Gregory Michael Meagher

Richmond County Sheriff's Office, Georgia

End of Watch Sunday, February 5, 2017

Add to My Heroes

Gregory Michael Meagher

Sergeant Greg Meagher died after being exposed to liquid nitrogen while attempting to rescue a woman at a medical facility at 1100 Emmett Street in Augusta.

He and several other deputies had responded to the facility and were told that a woman was unconscious inside. The deputies entered the facility to rescue the woman and were overcome by the fumes. Fire department personnel arrived on the scene and were able to remove Sergeant Meagher and the employee. They were both transported to Augusta University Hospital where Sergeant Meagher passed away.

The other three deputies were treated for their exposure to the toxins.

Sergeant Meagher had served with the Richmond County Sheriff's Office for 33 years. In 2004 he was shot in the face while assigned to a federal narcotics task force.

Bio

  • Age 57
  • Tour 33 years
  • Badge Not available

Incident Details

  • Cause Exposure to toxins

rescue

Most Recent Reflection

View all 195 Reflections

Time has passed but a hole is still there. Missing you everyday.

Officer H Meagher
AUPD

March 25, 2019

Want even more control of your Reflection? Create a free ODMP account now for these benefits:

  • Quick access to your heroes
  • Reflections published quicker
  • Save a Reflection signature
  • View, edit or delete any Reflection you've left in the past

Create an account for more options, or use this form to leave a Reflection now.