K9 Dutch

K9 Dutch

Minneapolis Police Department, Minnesota

End of Watch Saturday, September 5, 2015

Add to My Heroes


K9 Dutch died after accidentally ingesting a lacrosse ball during a training exercise.

The ball became lodged in Dutch's throat and his handler was not able to remove it. The ball was eventually freed by a veterinarian but they were unsuccessful in reviving Dutch.


  • Breed Dutch Shepherd
  • Gender Male
  • Age 3
  • Tour Not available

Incident Details

  • Cause Training accident

Most Recent Reflection

View all 29 Reflections

God bless you.You passed away too soon.I'm from Minnesota about an hour from Minneapolis.

Dylan Feeney

January 15, 2016

Want even more control of your Reflection? Create a free ODMP account now for these benefits:

  • Quick access to your heroes
  • Reflections published quicker
  • Save a Reflection signature
  • View, edit or delete any Reflection you've left in the past

Create an account for more options, or use this form to leave a Reflection now.