K9 Morgan

K9 Morgan

Mendocino County Sheriff's Office, California

End of Watch Monday, August 20, 2012

Add to My Heroes


K9 Morgan died after accidentally ingesting methamphetamine while participating in detection training at a canine training facility.

Morgan began to show signs of distress while completing one of the detection exercises. He was transported to an animal hospital but died as his handler was describing his symptoms to the veterinarian.

K9 Morgan had served with the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office for six months.


  • Breed German Shepherd
  • Gender Male
  • Age 1
  • Tour 6 months

Incident Details

  • Cause Exposure to toxins

Most Recent Reflection

View all 27 Reflections

Rest in peace, K9 Morgan. Thank you for your loyal and dedicated service to your community. Your loss and that of your partner will not be forgotten. Prayers for your partner and Mendocino County SO. Godspeed & God Bless, Hero.

Kathy B
Grateful Citizen

December 12, 2012

Want even more control of your Reflection? Create a free ODMP account now for these benefits:

  • Quick access to your heroes
  • Reflections published quicker
  • Save a Reflection signature
  • View, edit or delete any Reflection you've left in the past

Create an account for more options, or use this form to leave a Reflection now.