Bio & Incident Details
Tour: 8 years
Badge # Not available
Cause: Exposure to toxins
Trooper George died after being overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning. He and his partner had parked on the side of Route 5 in the Village of Herkimer to complete their daily reports. The tailpipes of their patrol car were blocked by a snow bank, which lead to the car filling with the carbon monoxide. When the two troopers were discovered they were taken to Herkimer Memorial Hospital. Trooper George's partner recovered but Trooper George died as a result of the exposure.
Trooper George had served with the New York State Police for 8 years.