Bio & Incident Details
Tour: 20 years
Badge # Not available
Cause: Exposure to toxins
Incident Date: 5/13/2014
Police Officer Charles Howley died one day after being exposed to refrigerant while searching a daycare center following reports of smoke in the building.
He had responded to the daycare center and began to search it to ensure all of the children and employees had exited the building. During the search he was exposed to a refrigerant that was being released into the air. He sought medical treatment after beginning to feel ill. He suffered a fatal heart attack the following day.
Officer Howley had served with the Oldham County Police Department for 20 years. He is survived by his wife and two children