Bio & Incident Details
Tour: 10 years
Badge # Not available
Cause: Exposure to toxins
Incident Date: Not available
Deputy Mark Kemp died as the result of complications from being exposed to dangerous chemicals during the investigation of a meth lab in 1990.
Immediately following the initial exposure Deputy Kemp began to suffer from severe asthma attacks. The attacks persisted and he was hospitalized several times. On November 9, 1994, he was attending a training class when he suffered a severe asthma attack. He was transported to a local hospital where he passed away.
Deputy Kemp had served with the Riverside County Sheriff's Department for 10 years.