Bio & Incident Details
Tour: 6 years
Badge # 3085
Cause: Duty related illness
Officer Edward Sherman died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning while sitting in his patrol car in the parking lot of Edgewood Elementary School. Two other officers located the vehicle and found Officer Sherman unconscious. An examination of the vehicle determined that a piece of rubber molding was missing from the engine that caused the carbon monoxide to reach lethal doses, combined with the fact that all of the vehicle's windows were rolled up.
Officer Sherman had been with the Baltimore Police Department for 6 years and was assigned to the Southwestern District. He had previously served with the military for three years in West Germany, and is survived by his wife and two sons.