Police Officer Edward S. Sherman

Police Officer Edward S. Sherman

Baltimore City Police Department, Maryland

End of Watch Saturday, September 13, 1975

Edward S. Sherman

Officer Edward Sherman died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning while sitting in his patrol car in the parking lot of Edgewood Elementary School. Two other officers located the vehicle and found Officer Sherman unconscious. An examination of the vehicle determined that a piece of rubber molding was missing from the engine that caused the carbon monoxide to reach lethal doses, combined with the fact that all of the vehicle's windows were rolled up.

Officer Sherman had been with the Baltimore Police Department for 6 years and was assigned to the Southwestern District. He had previously served with the military for three years in West Germany, and is survived by his wife and two sons.

Bio

  • Age 28
  • Tour 6 years
  • Badge 3085
  • Military Veteran

Incident Details

  • Cause Duty related illness

Most Recent Reflection

View all 16 Reflections

Thank you for your service and for your Son. You are always remembered never forgotten.

Brother was sgt. last call 8-3-10
Friend

January 10, 2016

Create an account for more options, or use this form to leave a Reflection now.